April 24, 2014

Bathroom Makeover: Part one

Compulsive com·pul·sive kəmˈpəlsiv/ adjective

adjective: compulsive

1. resulting from or relating to an irresistible urge, especially one that is against one's conscious wishes.

synonyms:
irresistible, uncontrollable, compelling, overwhelming, urgent

Spring has lit a fire under my butt and I am finally getting around to “wanting” to complete projects on my “home’s To-Do list”. It figures that many of these projects are inside and could’ve been done during those –20 degree days but honestly I had zero drive to get off the couch. I sound lazy and I swear I’m not but I think most people can relate to me when I say that “winter sucks the life out of me”. 

All of the sudden I have this compulsion to get crap done!

Below are some photo’s of the main/guest bathroom from the previous owners. It’s not awful… minus the red carpets. They were really into the country/horse ranch feel but from the moment I saw it I knew I wanted to change it.

full bath - guest[2]

942

941

Last year after we completed our living room make over I decided to paint over the walls that had sponge paint on them. I HATED them. It felt like I was back in 1998 and so I painted! It helped for a little while but every time I’m in there I think to myself, “What am I waiting for… it’s not going to change itself!” So I got home last night and busted out the old wall paper steamer and took down the country themed border.

042

I also decided to pain the trim from off white to white and am SO glad I did so! It matched the wall prior to painting it and if it were up to me I would paint every dang piece of trim in this house but that doesn’t fly with my husband so I will paint whatever trim that has been previously painted!

046

044

I don’t want to reveal too much until it is complete but I have my paint color ready to go!

I still need to paint the ceiling white, paint the walls, and grab a few fun things to add to the décor.

I can’t wait to show off an entire new look!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you... Please comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...